BemusedBookworm

Bemused Bookworm

Bemused Bookworm is a YA/NA blog that features reviews and recommendations, as well as book promo posts. I find myself attracted mostly to paranormal and dystopian so you probably wont find much historical or contemporary lit.

Lumière (The Illumination Paradox)
Jacqueline Garlick
From a Distant Star
Karen McQuestion
Arcane Forest Anthology: Get Lost in Worlds of Fantasy and Awe
No Sweat Graphics, Karin De Havin, W.J. May, Emma Shade, C.J. Pinard, Natasha Brown, Kaitlyn Davis, Chrissy Peebles, Kristen Middleton, Kate Thomas
A Young Girl's Diary
Maggie Hall
Fever
Amy Meredith

Paper Dolls

Paper Dolls - Anya Allyn This book was an excellent followup to book one. This book starts off in the dollhouse but then shows the time after the rescue. The structure of this book is much different than the first. The first was written more on a moment by moment basis through the whole ordeal. This book more skips from event to event (with weeks or more in between) and its focus is more on the "why & how" of the whole ordeal. We also get a little perspective change as we are brought to the 1920's and into Jessamine's world.

Characters are awesome of course. The author does a awesome job at creating and maintaining characters. The characters in book one are def evolved in this book. There are some shocking revelations about some of them. I've found some of my favorite characters dropping to the end of the list and some of my least faves moving up to the top. I don't really want to specify any characters because i dont want to spoil it. But i'm sure you'll understand as you read...there are so many twist and turns. Lots of reveals and mistrusts. There is a bit of foreshadowing too, if you wanna keep an eye out. :)

The setting in the book is just awesome. This book is almost like a travelogue. Cassie, travels to lots of places and all the places are describe beautiful. This author is great with creative/descriptive writing. Id have to say my favorite place was the Island vacation and the Yacht. I mean of course....endless beaches and a mega yacht...yes please.

Overall i def love this book. If you read book one you will def want to read this one. It is a slight bit edgier than book one with drinking and a stronger reference to sex...but still not direct.