BemusedBookworm

Bemused Bookworm

Bemused Bookworm is a YA/NA blog that features reviews and recommendations, as well as book promo posts. I find myself attracted mostly to paranormal and dystopian so you probably wont find much historical or contemporary lit.

Lumière (The Illumination Paradox)
Jacqueline Garlick
From a Distant Star
Karen McQuestion
Arcane Forest Anthology: Get Lost in Worlds of Fantasy and Awe
No Sweat Graphics, Karin De Havin, W.J. May, Emma Shade, C.J. Pinard, Natasha Brown, Kaitlyn Davis, Chrissy Peebles, Kristen Middleton, Kate Thomas
A Young Girl's Diary
Maggie Hall
Fever
Amy Meredith

A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark - Jocelyn Davies Well it was an awesome read but the first thing i encountered was underaged drinking...and thats something i never condone...esp in books geared towards younger girls. There are actually a few scenes with drinking so that kind a sucks. One scene in particular (i think this is in one of the other books in the series though), Skye's Aunt makes reference to a friend being "responsible" for not drinking since he was driving....like drinking any other time when be totally fine...meanwhile, the aunt and other kids are getting "tipsy". Sighhh. I almost stopped reading...but the story itself was really good. Thankfully, there wasnt any drugs....otherwise, that would have been my undoing.

As far as the writing and such, it was pretty good. I cant remember any gripes really. The only other major issue i had was the series ending... It just seemed soo unnessary and selfish on Skye's part. Skye apparently isnt very quick on her feet. I cant really say more without spoiling it though. :P